Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Yes, Maine really is as beautiful as they say!


This is my first lobster roll ever! It was delicious, and oh-so-authentic. I don't think I had eaten lobster before, so it was a real treat to get to have my first lobster meat in Maine...and even more cool that I was in a very lobster-centered seaside town, Rockport.

David Richards and his parents took me touring around the town: we walked the 'breakwater' (what we would call a jetty in my part of the world), saw the bay from many angles, inspected tidepools for life, and picnicked on the shore. I kept wanting to jump in the water and then remembering how cold it was. I put my feet in once, and it was indeed quite chilly.

I love Maine! I want to live here. Except, maybe, for the mosquitos. There are a lot of them. And though the tourists aren't here yet, I've heard they come and make this place a parking lot. I suppose it snows here, too. So maybe California is a better place for me. But I do love Maine!



 

1 comment:

  1. Wish I could have a bite of that yummy looking lobster roll!!!

    ReplyDelete