What an appropriate way to 'really' end my time at Covenant: a Sunday like every Sunday has been. It was great being back at Cornerstone, but I was sad to leave. I got to go to both morning and evening service, and spent the afternoon sitting under a tree reading, writing, and resting.
I stayed with Leah for the weekend. Thankfully, it won't be too long til I see her again!
The Kellers have meant so much to me as a core part of my church family in Chattanooga. These kids are great. There is no end of fun with them, often in the form of riddles and stories. I'm going to miss them so much! I'll miss college fellowship at their house with french bread pizza, chips and homemade salsa, and brownies. I'll miss Matt getting taller every time I see him. I'll miss seeing them interact with all the little kids at church. Oh, well, I'll just miss them alot.
As I drove away from Lookout Mountain for the last time(at least for a while), I tried to focus hard on the NPR interview I was listening to, and then I got a call from sister Hannah. These things were happy distractions from the leaving/grieving process. Unfortunately, the road I'm on now, on my way to Vicksburg, is anything but distracting. I think this is the dullest stretch of highway yet. The most interesting thing is the part, where, for about 20 miles, there is only one lane going each direction because of construction. The other problem is that I know all 6 hours of it well, having been to Hannah Sluis's house in Vicksburg several times.
Hopefully I will be able to blog some while in Vicksburg, which is functioning as a sort of 'rest stop' for me. I'm going to try not to leave Vicksburg until I have caught up on sleep and am in the mood to drive.
Now I'm fueling up on Dr. Pepper at a McD's...working the system, you know. Only one dollar for caffeine and wireless.
No comments:
Post a Comment