Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Milestones: 1 week and over 1,000 miles.


I got to see even more of Maine today. We climbed to the top of this hill, which is named Beech Nut Hill, where we could see for miles: ocean, islands, towns, and mountains. There is this little rock house at the top of the hill, too. The views reminded me of European countryside with the rolling green hills, clear skies, and scattered houses and towns.

I learned a lot of cool things while in Maine. There are too many to list, but here are some key ones.

1. What blueberry bushes look like.
2. How lobsters are caught.
3. What fireflies look like!
4. How to play Cribbage.
(In all honesty, this was a refresher, not a 'new thing',
but still worth mentioning I think)
5. All things related to surveying, because Don is a surveyor.


I moved on from Maine to Vermont today! That means that only have 6 more states to go! Arkansas, Iowa, Minnesota, and North and South Dakota. And Alaska, which won't get done on this trip :). Tonight I'm staying in Brattleboro, VT. It's a little historic town that is just barely in Vermont, on the border with New Hampshire. This is my first hotel night. It's been nice to go at my own pace, make some phone calls, and hopefully go to bed early. I ate bread and Vermont Cheese for dinner tonight. And gummy worms for dessert (I prefer the sour ones, in case you wanted to buy them for me sometime).

1 comment: