Sunday, June 12, 2011

Back to where I started...2,000 miles later.

I wanted to blog today, but I can't post pictures! Each time I try, it says I have a 'Security Error'. So, I'll just try to put some in when I get a chance.

I am back in Chattanooga. I traveled through the countryside of central Virginia yesterday. It's very country in those parts, at least to me. I stayed with Sheri, a close friend from the soccer team, and her family. I have fond memories of spending a Thanksgiving Break with them a couple years back: chopping logs for their wood furnace, gathering tree brush to make wreaths, and playing volleyball with Mennonites wearing skirts who were actually really good at volleyball. Though this trip was much shorter, I still was able to appreciate the slowed-down pace and the delicious homemade meals. It was definitely a restful atmosphere.

I left early yesterday morning for my 8 hour drive to Chattanooga for Brandon and Casey's wedding. I didn't drive it straight, of course. It was punctuated by 2 gas stops, a lunch stop at Wendy's, a stop to see if there was something wrong with my car because a truck driver had honked and been waving at me(I think...), 3 chocolate chip cookies, and a bag of cherries (given to me from Sheri). The wedding was beautiful...I'm glad I came back for it. It also was nice to see a lot of people and continue the gradual process of saying goodbye, such as it has been. I was super tired though...I AM super tired. All the driving has begun to wear down on me, I think.

But now I can slow down!

No comments:

Post a Comment