Tuesday, July 12, 2011

On our way

I'm not quite to Alaska yet, but here's a quick post from the Seattle airport.


This is our pre-leaving picture.

Our path to Alaska is a bit counterintuitive. Long Beach to Seattle to Portland to Anchorage. This is how we found the best deal. So it goes with the airline companies, right?

Uneventful day so far. The best thing that happened was a woman's electric toothbrush going off (for the full toothbrushing minute) in the Long Beach airport. We all heard a vibrating sound that definitely wasn't a phone, and just as Mom asked me what I thought it could be, the woman finally found it and pulled it out, such that we could see it was a toothbrush. We laughed. The worst thing was the fact that there wasn't a movie on the airplane.

The thing about airplanes, in comparison to cars, is that you can't sing at the top of your lungs to entertain yourself. I plugged in to my iPod for a bit, but it's not really the same when it's not a 4-hour singalong.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely true about the singing.
    I bet if you listened to totally new music it would be better for at least two reasons: a. new music is always very fun, and b. since you don't know the words yet, you CAN'T sing along so there is no temptation.
    What are you reading these days?
    (I am determined to comment more on this leg of your adventure!)

    ReplyDelete