Saturday, July 16, 2011

Seward: the land of halibut and kayaking!

1. Halibut: Mom's favorite part of the day was watching all the people clean their fish(and this guy hang up his catches). And I ate a delicious halibut burger for lunch.


2. Kayaking: After much deliberation, I decided to go kayaking this evening. Mom didn't go. I went with a little group of people led by two guides on a 3 hour paddle around the bay where we saw lots of sea otters, bald eagles, and more! One of our guides, Dan, informed us that we saw a very rare sight, which was Kittlitz's Murrelets(sea birds) fly. To me it doesn't mean anything, but he was pretty excited about it. Any bird enthusiasts out there might be able to relate.



It's 10 pm now, still light outside, of course (I have yet to see Alaska at night). I'm trying to settle down to get some sleep for our last day tomorrow--the day cruise where we will hopefully see some glaciers and more animals!


No comments:

Post a Comment